The Biomedical and Data Sciences Division (BIO) of CFD Research is developing computational tools for quantitative systems pharmacology, multi-scale mathematical models, and software tools for human physiology and pharmacology (PBPK/PD/Tox and ADME prediction tools) to guide drug development and toxicity prediction. These development efforts will support research and development activities for DoD customers providing products to both military and civilian applications.
The successful candidate in this role will be highly motivated and has a passion for using quantitative approaches for mechanistic understanding and development of therapeutics.Requirements:
About the Company:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology or related STEM field is required (Advanced degree preferred)
- Candidate must demonstrate experience or understanding of bioinformatics and/or PBPK/PKPD/Tox and their application in drug discovery and development. Bioinformatics skills may include analysis and interpretation of high-dimensional data, including genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic datasets, cellular pathways and network development, and drug target/biomarker identification.
- Hands-on expertise with mathematical models of physiological systems
- Experience in scientific computing and programming - in particular R and Python is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills preparing technical material for documentation and reporting
CFD Research is the technology leader in engineering simulations and innovative designs. Our services are used by many Fortune 500 and emerging high-tech companies, national laboratories, and universities worldwide. CFD Research develops cutting-edge technologies (software & hardware, designs and prototypes) with Federal agencies and provides the highest possible leverage to our industry partners.Benefits:
CFD Research offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits, including an employer matching 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). CFD Research offers a highly competitive insurance package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance. We offer company paid long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance. Performance appraisals occur each year and pay increases are based upon corporate goals, personal development, performance, and outstanding achievements. In addition, group and individual bonuses are awarded for exceptional performance. CFD Research is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories