What We're Looking For
Applies advanced knowledge of the principles and theories of geology, hydrology, chemistry, biology or other related sciences to analyze the potential effects a project may have on the environment and/or the potential effects the environment may have on the design and construction of a project. Participates in complex projects or all levels of project/program difficulty and/or may be responsible for an assigned phase of project or program.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- PD&E Project Management for existing FDOT PD&E contracts
- PD&E Lead on other Design contracts
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
What You'll Need
- Certified Environmental Professional (CEP)
- Conducts research, gathers scientific information and data, and leads field investigations among other supporting activities.
- Determines or develops best methodology and technical approaches for conducting analysis in field work; sets up test equipment as necessary to obtain scientific data.
- Using established prescribed templates, prepares data analysis, modeling, written reports, maps, etc. as appropriate to support findings as it pertains to the natural or man-made environment in the study area.
- Reviews and evaluates technical reports and plans of scientific aspects of proposed projects for the environmental review of projects including permitting, and development of mitigation plans.
- Examines and evaluates present and future potential environmental science effects relating to the planning, design, and construction of proposed projects.
- Serves as task lead or principal author in the preparation of reports, graphs, and diagrams on scientific aspects relating to specific projects.
- Provides technical support to project managers as situations arise during the construction of project that require scientific assistance.
- Supports the marketing efforts as assigned.
- Schedules of new and on-going projects.
- Prepares permits for public and private clients with respect to acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, bridge construction, and/or threatened/endangered species.
- Assists in organizing, preparation of public meetings.
- Attends various meetings with clients, other engineering firms, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Archeology, Anthropology or related field and 4 years relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Archeology, Anthropology or related field and 3 years of relevant experience
- Generates original data and applies new or established analytical methods in support of environmental conditions and studies.
- Stays current with state-of-the-art scientific articles and trends to assess findings and relevance for environmental documentation and permits.
- Assesses and synthesizes disparate information for reports.
- Serves as the field lead to assess habitat characteristics, identifies issues of environmental concern, and completes field surveys with guidance from the Field Investigator.
- Prepares field safety plans.
- Possesses knowledge to gain a professional certification in established analytical methods.
- Ensures accountability by holding oneself responsible for meeting commitments.
- Communicates effectively by developing and delivering communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of the team.
- Consistently achieves high quality results, even under tough circumstances.
- Instills trust by gaining the confidence of others through accountability, honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-07147 Full Time #AJ #EnvironmentalPlanning
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. About UsAt HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our country. You don't have to look far to see our impact. For more than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering extraordinary value.When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our communities.HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual with a disability or limited English proficiency and need assistance or an accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodations@HNTB.com or call 816-527-2600.Work AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work