Senior Scientist/Associate Director: Molecular Biology
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options The Role:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist/Associate Director to build and oversee our molecular biology functional team. This candidate will bring state-of-the-art molecular biology skills, viral and non-viral DNA donor design, virus production and purification, gene engineering, and DNA repair, to support our pipeline and discovery programs. In this role the candidate will identify and optimize key research tools and reagents for precise and efficient repair of genetic defects in stem cells and next-generation cellular therapies. Effective communication, strategic planning and improved research operations are key responsibilities of this role.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a cutting-edge molecular biology team.
- Scale our standardized and automated molecular biology techniques including DNA plasmid production, AAV preparation, & nucleic acid purifications
- Comply with reagent repository and LIMS
- Support genome engineering, protein sciences, HSC biology, and genomic functional teams.
- Contribute to the matrix-based early research and development organization.
- Support the preclinical development of Graphite Bio's pipeline.
- Manage and mentor junior research associates.
- Communicate scientific data and draw appropriate conclusions for high-quality departmental documents, manuscripts, abstracts, and publications.
- Work with corporate legal to file intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries in the translational & CRISPR discovery space.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of broader company scientific objectives.
- Establish & contribute positivity to the broader vision of company culture.
What You Will Bring:
Fit with Graphite Bio's culture:
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics and/or gene engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in biotech, pharmaceutical industry and/or academic postdoctoral research and development settings.
- 3+ years of experience managing researchers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in fast-paced and highly dynamic situations.
- In-depth knowledge of cell and gene therapy is a plus.
- A strong publication record demonstrating significant contributions in the field is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills.
- Proven ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in fast-paced environment.
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios' Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.