Project Director - Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (ID# 49818) New York, NY Category:
Environmental Science Job Type:
Full Time Minimum Experience:
12+ Required Education:
Be involved in projects with our Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA's Climate Resilience and Sustainability practice has an immediate opening for a Project Director to support the company's growing Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change offering. See wsp.com/advancingsustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
The individual will lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability and resilience programs. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products. This position could work out of WSP's offices in either San Diego or San Francisco, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL, New York, NY; Portland, OR; Bethlehem, PA, Seattle, WA, or any other WSP USA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing client relationships and directing client delivery teams
- Leading business development activities with existing and prospective clients
- Developing and managing sustainability programs, in addition to related strategies and policies
- Developing company and product life cycle inventories for energy, GHG, water, waste, and other resources
- Designing sustainability performance targets including science-based GHG targets and context-based water targets
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for resource reduction; analyzing renewable energy purchase options
- Assessing climate- and water-related risk, leveraging internal and external tools
- Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools
- Producing sustainability disclosures and other communications aligned with leading frameworks (e.g., CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD)
- Researching leading sustainability programs and initiatives
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred. Degree(s) in sustainability, energy, environmental studies, business, public policy, or related discipline
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Experience in sustainability, energy, and/or management consulting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate results via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and related software and craft compelling presentations and reports
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Demonstrated expertise with sustainability frameworks including CDP, DJSI, GRI, the GHG Protocol, SASB, and TCFD
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel and Power BI; programming, and data science
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/project teams concurrently, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. WSP USA
One Penn Plaza
250 W. 34th Street
New York, NY 10019