Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Research Associate II, Cellular and Molecular Biology opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II position is to assist with pluripotent stem cell culture, differentiation and characterization. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting in collaboration with other Scientists and Research Associates.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Culture and maintain human pluripotent stem cells.
- Differentiate pluripotent stem cells to various hematopoietic cell types.
- Develop new assays to support studies of cell biology, including cellular metabolism.
- Perform multi-color flow cytometry assays.
- Perform molecular biology techniques, including PCR.
- Closely collaborate with other members of the Research group.
- Perform experiments independently with careful attention to detail, accurately record procedures/data/results in a timely manner.
- Interpret data, draw appropriate conclusions from experimental work, and present findings in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- Direct impact on research related to key pre-clinical research program.
- Potential to generate IP.
- Assay development.
- Reports to Senior Scientist.
- Works closely with other Research Associates and Scientists.
- BS degree with 3+ years, or MS degree with 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Competence in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA sequencing).
- Diligence and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping.
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with supervision and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In this role you will be required to occasionally work on weekends, off hours and holidays as needed.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cells and differentiation.
- Experience performing multiparameter flow cytometry and associated data analysis (FlowJo).
- Familiarity with cell metabolism and/or mitochondrial biology.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
- 401(k) match and annual company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled