About OneThree Biotech:
OneThree Biotech is a start-up experiencing a new, exciting phase of growth as we enter a close on another multi-million dollar round of funding.
Our goal is to become the next-generation pharmaceutical company by continuing to leverage our AI-powered, drug discovery technology that drastically increases the chances of a therapeutic becoming available to the patients that need them the most. We've already been recognized for our traction by being selected for the Reuters "Most Valuable '' award(s) over large pharma companies like Sanofi, Biogen, Genentech, and more. Importantly, we've seen our technology have a direct impact on patients lives: https://people.com/health/teacher-brain-tumor-week-to-live-now-thriving/
We're excited to add an ambitious and passionate person to our team who is excited about our mission and wants to make their own mark on a major, positive shift in medicinal discovery. More about us:
Currently developing a single new drug can take over $1B and 15 years, with over 96% of drugs failing along the way. This is why over 70% of all known diseases have no treatments and millions of patients are left with no viable treatment options.
At OneThree Biotech we are changing this using biology-driven AI. Founded after members of our team lost family members to rare cancer, the team at OneThree has spent the last 10+ years researching how we can combine AI with systems biology to stop this from happening to anyone else. We're building a platform to not only predict new potential therapeutics, but also to pinpoint the mechanisms driving efficacy, and we pride ourselves on building a new form of biology-driven AI that values interpretability as much as accuracy. In our new phase of growth we'll grow long-term partnerships with industry leaders and continue the development of our own drug pipeline, currently focussed on Oncology. About the Role:
You will work with OneThree's research team to develop new computational methods to better understand the biology driving early-stage drug development. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be comfortable with creative problem solving, and will be excited to work on building new computational methods from the ground-up in a flexible, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the early stage and have a real impact on both product and strategy, while also seeing your research immediately put into action. If working on challenging problems that have a real positive impact excites you, then OneThree is the place for you!Responsibilities:
Why should you work here?
- Expand our AI pipeline by building out machine learning workflows and applying them to the most difficult drug discovery problems
- Apply current computational algorithms and analyses to predict novel oncology targets and aid in further development of assets for various indications
- Research and review cutting edge research for both internal asset development and external partnership collaborations, topics include diverse disease areas, therapeutic applications or novel oncology targets. No two days are the same!
- Collaborate with our data engineering team to help expand and refine OneThree's data engine, which intelligently combines chemical, biological and clinical data from various, challenging sources
- Work seamlessly across all departments- research, engineering, business, marketing - to achieve company wide goals
Here are a few reasons that stand out:
Qualifications we're looking for:Minimum Requirements
- We're developing drugs that will make a hugely positive difference in patients' lives, and we've already seen both technical and business traction.
- At the same time, the application of artificial intelligence to drug discovery is in its infancy, so there's a massive opportunity to create new innovations and technical refinement.
- In many ways the work you will perform will be an industry first and likely become an industry standard.
- We have a positive culture supported by our friendly and capable team members.
Nice to Have:
- PhD in relevant field, such as computational biology, cancer biology, etc. (or Masters with relevant work experience)
- Experience applying machine learning models to biological, chemical or clinical problems
- Working knowledge of scripting language, Python strongly preferred
- Publication track record (pre-prints count!)
- Working knowledge of relevant publicly available data sources (ChEMBL, PubChem, DrugBank, LINCS, ClinicalTrials.gov, etc.)
- Work experience after graduate school (post-doc or industry)
- Experience in one of the following areas: analyzing clinical records, building models with chemical structure data or experience with large -omics datasets
- Proficient knowledge of SQL
- Experience in cancer biology or preclinical drug development