- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Corporate programs and procedures.
- Develop and facilitate employee safety improvement (Root Cause Investigations, Safety Pillar Meetings, etc.) and communicate essential insights from EHS events.
- Ensure timely reporting, classification, and investigation of EHS incident or near miss events.
- Liaison with the site Facility Management personnel and vendors related to all environmental compliance of organization's operations.
- Lead sustainable development activities at the facilities, including reduction in utility, energy and material usage and corporate citizenship efforts.
- Drive EHS Audit program to examine compliance with regulations and corporate standards and other related commitments. Track closure of corrective and improvement actions taken in response to audit findings.
- Lead specialized work streams or be called upon to participate in other department networks or committees.
- May oversee activities associated with Industrial Hygiene in a manufacturing environment including monitoring requirements related to Hearing Conservation and Combustible Dust.
- Lead or develop training programs to increase proficiency in EHS practices and promote awareness.
- Document and maintain required training records per organizational and corporate guidelines.
- Point of contact for third-party vendors used for EHS operations.
- In case of an absence of the EHS Manager, it is the responsibility of the Sr. EHS Specialist to make sure his/her tasks are covered.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in an Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, or affiliated discipline or another applicable technical field (engineering, chemistry, biology) or at least 3 years equivalent experience in a dedicated EHS role.
- Experience with OSHA and IDEM/EPA regulations and compliance.
- Knowledge of EHS regulations
LANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write, present, and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Spanish or Burmese a plus.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye, Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.