_If youre seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment youre looking for. With more than 50 years experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers. _
_When you join the EAS Group, youll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set._
Eurofins Agroscience Services is seeking a Senior Scientist, Environmental Fate to join our world class, industry-leading facility located in Easton, MD. Interested candidates should be passionate about science and seeking a fast-paced, meritocratic environment.
SENIORSCIENTIST RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
* Designs and supervises simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.).
* Routinely develops procedures and methods for the solution of technical problems.
* Serves as an expert for technical issues for staff and external customers.
* Performs advance troubleshooting of instrumentation and equipment.
* Conducts studies to determine the persistence and behavior of chemicals in the environment.
* Performs complex data evaluations, reviews the work of others, and writes complex technical reports and standard operating procedures.
* May serve as a primary business contact for clients.
* Depending on need, may assist business development team assess potential clients and/or projects for upcoming projects or studies.
* Likely to work on several projects concurrently and may monitor and direct activities of other staff performing work in area of expertise.
* May be designated as Study Director of one or more projects responsible for monitoring GLP compliance of work performed on assigned project(s)
* Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research, required to prepare technical papers and reports
* Conducts training of staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.