Bringing Health, Safety and Environmental leadership to assigned facilities, the Regional Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist leads the development and execution of HSE initiatives in partnership with facility leadership at assigned location to promote a Zero & Beyond culture. The HSE Specialist will provide oversight and assistance in the development, implementation and coordination of health, safety and environmental programs and policies to ensure corporate goal attainment as well as compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of facility policies, programs and procedures to reduce team member injury, minimize company exposure and ensure compliance with corporate HSE management system and all applicable HSE regulations (OSHA; EPA; DOT; etc.).
- Ensures ongoing compliance with all environmental permits, regulations, and reporting requirements for assigned facilities.
- Ensures alignment on programs involving team member engagement and behavior-based safety processes to drive a Zero & Beyond culture.
- Leads and maintains certification of ISO 14001 at both sites.
- Builds competent HSE teams at facility sites through communicating corporate procedures, coaching, training, and follow up on issues related to HSE.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all Corporate HSE metrics and data requests.
- Proactively provides hands-on support in areas such as: Health, Safety and Environmental Procedure implementation (Corporate and site specific), behavioral safety processes, corporate safety mandates, problem analysis/troubleshooting, and interpretation of applicable regulatory regulations.
- Conducts and assists with internal and external HSE audits and meets with regulatory agencies during facility inspections/audits as required.
- Acts as a support resource in the development and review of facility specific HSE training needs analysis, operational reviews and new equipment assessments.
- Partners with Facility leadership to participate in key HSE team meetings, Kaizen/Gemba events, and other key meetings where HSE representation is requested.
- Drives an incident reporting process that ensures effective investigation, reporting, corrective actions, and best practice sharing throughout their business unit and corporate.
- Participates in other key HSE initiatives as assigned by the Director of HSE.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and/or environmental studies, engineering, or other related field.
- 2-5 years of direct HSE experience including OSHA and EPA compliance, behavior-based safety, process hazard and risk analysis, root cause evaluation, incident management, standards and procedural development, auditing, and training.
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental excellence.
- Knowledge of US health and safety regulations and ISO Management Systems (OSHA, EPA, ISO14001 & 45001, NFPA etc.).
- Experience in multi-site leadership a plus.
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of worker's compensation regulations.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and other standard computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), able to interact with all levels in the organization.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.