We are a full service environmental laboratory and we are looking to hire an organized, detail oriented, enthusiastic addition to our team. This is an entry level, full-time position, working as part of a team to assist with client sample receiving and processing, help prepare client samples for analysis and support general lab functions. The environment is fast paced and the individual must be accurate and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and co-workers
- Receive and process client samples
- Accurately weigh client samples and conduct basic client sample preparation
- Satisfactorily perform extractions of samples in various matrices for inorganic and organic analyses using multiple methods
- Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with quality assurance and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements
- Meet turn-around-time (TAT) goals set by manager and inform manager if issues arise that will impact the TAT
- Dispose of laboratory waste in accordance with the Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Perform data entry in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with requirements
- Scan and load documents into company database
- Assist Purchasing Manager with receipt and delivery of lab supplies
- Support laboratory operations through general maintenance and cleaning of laboratory (including rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, stairways, parking lot, other work areas and grounds, storage areas, equipment, instruments and supplies such as lab glassware)
- Read and record daily gas pressures and refrigeration temperatures as needed
- Adhere to established health and safety protocols
- Execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform tasks as assigned
For consideration, please provide your resume and a cover letter .
- Previous lab experience and/or science education desired
- Customer service experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance workload to meet various concurrent projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to regularly lift and push up to 50 pounds (sample containers, various equipment and lab supplies)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fremont Analytical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- When are you able to begin work with a new employer?
Work Location: One location