Microbiology, Medical Technologist, Day Shift
Our client, a designated level one trauma center, is looking for a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician to work in their high volume Microbiology department on the day shift
Distinguished nationally for its excellence, this hospital is also one of the premier teaching hospitals in the United States and serves as the primary teaching hospital for a local school of medicine. It is approximately one hour from Atlanta, a historic and very affordable area full of rural charm yet close to all the amenities a big city offers.
This fabulous opportunity offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Conduct examinations on specimens collected from patients and animals for bacterial, viral, protozoan and fungal infections.
Job Requirements:Microbiology, Medical Technologist, Day Shift
- Computer skills
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Plan and conduct complex research projects, such as improving sterilization procedures or developing new drugs to combat infectious diseases
- Perform laboratory experiments that are used in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Supervise the work of biological technicians and other workers and evaluate the accuracy of their results
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, plants, animals, or the environment
- Monitor the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, other microorganisms, or the environment
- Review literature and the findings of other researchers and attend conferences
- Prepare technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in biology, microbiology or another biological or physical science
- ASCP or equivalent
- Sorry, no new grads
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.