Ingredion is a Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that helps nourish, comfort, sustain, and delight people around the world. Ingredion's wide range of ingredient solutions is strategically designed to address changing consumer trends and preferences. Our specialty portfolio includes starch-based texturizers, clean and simple ingredients, plant-based proteins, sugar reduction and specialty sweeteners, and food systems. Our innovative ingredient solutions are used by consumers in everyday products, from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals. And we do it all in a planet-friendly sustainable manner.
We bring the potential of people, nature, and technology together to make life better.
That's our purpose. We are all IN to make life better!
Every day, Ingredion employees bring their skills, creativity, and passion together to deliver ingredient solutions that enhance people's lives. We are innovators who combine the power of technology with the best of nature to delight our customers and consumers. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in ethics, safety, quality, and sustainability. Unlocking the potential of people, nature, and technology to make life better is what drives us in every aspect of our business.
If you are interested in making life better, we are all IN to learn more about you! A bit about what you can expect from the employee experience at Ingredion:
The chance to make a difference
No matter where you work in the company, you'll have an opportunity to make life better for our colleagues, customers, communities, and the world.
Passionate people, motivated to excel
Our highly talented people have a passion for learning and achievement and are driven by our inspiring purpose to make life better and our core values: Care First, Be Preferred, Everyone Belongs, Innovate Boldly, and Owner's Mindset.
A warm, welcoming environment
At Ingredion, everyone belongs! We embrace diversity and foster an inclusive work environment where individuals feel supported and enabled to contribute their very best every day.
A place where you can grow personally and professionally
We believe everyone has great potential, and we strive to nurture that potential into great personal and professional achievements.
An environment that enables innovation and collaboration
We are creating the conditions that inspire and enable innovation - in our products and services, as well as in how we do our work day-to-day.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager will effectively lead and manage the plant's safety and health processes through and with the management team by identifying and anticipating concerns and hazards; developing and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures; and conducting studies and investigations.
Also, to lead and manage the environmental programs necessary for operation of the site in compliance with government regulations and adherence to company policies and standards.
- Leading the site in developing, implementing, and maintaining the plant health and safety programs to ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local, and Corporate regulations and guidelines and creating a culture that promotes safety excellence and strives for zero injury operations
- Support a culture of continuous EHSS improvements within the site by working closely with plant leadership, supervisory, and associate levels.
- Maintaining processes and procedures that ensure that safety reporting content and timeframes are met, and that the quality of the information provided correctly and clearly reflects the compliance status of the facility
- Directing the plant security programs, procedures, and personnel to ensure access control procedures are sufficient to provide for the physical security of plant personal and assets on plant property
- Implementing and maintaining environmental programs, policies, and procedures at the Plant to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Corporate policies and guidelines, identifying and assisting the Plant in responding to changing regulations. Support of the site's Sustainability efforts and tracking of Corporate Sustainability Metrics
- Identifying, analyzing, and defining the components of required environmental awareness to plant personnel to ensure employees understand their responsibilities concerning environmental matters and to support the development of a culture that promotes safety and environmental excellence
- Providing information and guidance to plant and corporate management regarding government regulations that could impact the plant, monitoring significant trends as related to regulation, proposed revisions to plant policy, engineering, and operations as required
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in scientific or engineering discipline
- 5+ years' experience in safety, health, and environmental management
- Knowledge of all federal and state environmental (e.g., Title V, RCRA, CWA, EPCRA etc.) and safety laws and practices
- Significant, direct, and practical experience dealing with environmental, safety and health issues in an industrial plant setting
- Relevant credentials such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), or equivalent, or the ability to become certified within 18 months, and significant experience with progressively increasing responsibility in the areas of environment, health, and safety
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a work environment that values the difference of styles and opinions and function in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Establish strong employee relations skills including change management and facilitation skills
- Understand the explicit details of all applicable regulatory requirements and what is required to maintain full compliance
Relocation Available? Yes - Within Region
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Yes, Within Country