Quris Technologies is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with a strong background in the fields of cellular and molecular neurobiology to join our team. The successful candidate will assume a hands-on role to design and conduct in-vitro studies in support of the discovery and characterization of therapeutics for genetic neurodevelopmental disorders. To achieve this objective, the candidate will interface with scientists in biosensing, automation, bioinformatics and AI, preclinical research, material sciences and fabrication and beyond.
We are a dynamic, collaborative, creative startup with diverse talents and experiences, headquartered in Israel and in South End Boston, Massachusetts.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and maintain human iPSC-derived neutrosphere cultures
- Develop and perform cellular and molecular assays such as qPCR, ELISA, immunofluorescence imaging and western blot, to characterize cellular models of disease and perform proof of concept studies for new therapeutic candidates
- Execute experiments to meet project timelines and objectives
- Work closely with other scientists to develop different aspects of the platform Maintain excellent electronic lab notebook records of protocols and experimental details
- Summarize findings in presentations to internal stakeholders.
- Participate in team meetings and provide regular oral and written communication on all projects and milestones to relevant project teams
- Review literature and work with colleagues to develop new methodologies and protocols
· M.Sc. with 4+ or PhD with 2+ years experience in neurobiology, iPSC cell biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related discipline
· Hands-on experience with in-vitro methods including mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques, ELISA, qPCR, IF, Flow Cytometry, western blotting
· Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible and able to contribute to several fast-paced projects concurrently
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently to analyze, interpret, and present data.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Collaborative spirit and a strong desire to work with researchers from different disciplines.
· Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· 6+ years of laboratory experience either in an academic or industry setting.
· Available to work on occasional weekends to maintain cells in culture
· Experience in drug toxicity assays
· Experience in biosensingPOSITION:
believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.