Sundance Consulting, Inc. (www.sundance-inc.net) is a Native-Owned/Woman-Owned, award-winning environmental and natural/cultural resources Small Business. Our success has been rewarded by a deep backlog of work and we look forward to continuing to accomplish our goals. We value your innovative thinking, technical expertise, business skills, and your ability to engage with our clients and our project teams. If you are a high-achiever with a client-focus and a passion for quality, innovative solutions, and environmental stewardship, you will be a perfect match with us.Environmental Compliance ManagerSummary of Position
The Environmental Compliance Manager position includes a combination of office-based tasks and field activities and daily interactions with a multidisciplinary team of scientists/engineers performing 3rd party compliance oversight. Key areas of focus include the ability to manage and perform audits for environmental compliance, engagement in Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Sustainable Practices (SP), and safety inspections.Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include management/execution of environmental permitting and compliance activities and projects, and engagement in proposal preparation, project planning, supervising field studies, data review, and technical report writing.
The Environmental Compliance Manager position will be a leader in their respective field and will manage permitting and compliance activities and projects across a wide range of environmental focused projects which could include but not limited to:
- Stormwater compliance
- Hazardous waste compliance
- Storage tank compliance
- Air compliance
- Investigation/remediation support
- Natural resource field studies
- NEPA support
- Drinking water and wastewater systems
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field
- Must have 10+ years of experience in managing compliance audits for each of the environmental statutes and regulations listed below:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) of 1969 and implementing regulations
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and implementing regulations
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) of 1986 and implementing regulations
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) of 1974 as amended and implementing regulations
- Solid Waste Disposal Act (SWDA) and implementing regulations
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) of 1976 and implementing regulations
- Clean Air Act (CAA) and implementing regulations
- Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) of 1986 and implementing regulations
- Clean Water Act (CWA) and implementing regulations
- Professional understanding of auditing principles, practices and procedures.
- An understanding of environmental science, regulatory compliance and permitting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information at an appropriate level of communication with varying levels of project staff.
- Able to work in both the office and field.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly are vital.
- Attention to detail in following safety plans, work plans, collecting data, and preparing reports.
- COVID vaccination or qualified exemption.
- Applicable professional auditor certification (i.e., CEA, BEAC, IS, 14001 Auditor)
- Up-to-date subject matter and technical training for each of the Federal Environmental Statutes and implementing regulations listed above.
- Experience with safety programs
- Experience auditing environmental management systems
- Experience in auditing operations for Federal, Municipal (State and Local) and Tribal clients
- As a federal contractor that is subject to Executive Order 14042, Sundance requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodations for bona fide medical and religious exemptions.
- Ability to work in field as required.
- Ability to work the hours necessary to meet client schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work at desk for extended periods with computer screen exposure.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass pre-employment and post-employment drug and alcohol tests.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs. on occasion.
Sundance is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/
Sexual Orientation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job Job Posted by ApplicantPro