- Support client research objectives in the area of molecular and microbiology.
- Carry out routine tasks in support of laboratory operations, including, but not limited to: DNA extraction, qPCR, and Sequencing; microbiology media preparation; plating; inoculation; incubation; colony identification; counting; and data reporting.
- Ensure efficient operations of the laboratory by ensuring that supplies and consumables are ordered, stocked, and lab space maintained in accordance to 5S.
- Maintain strict record keeping by updating hard copy and electronic records.
- Ensure highest quality and integrity of data generated.
- Maintain the highest level of organization, accuracy, and detail
- Strong experience working in a microbiology laboratory
- College degree in molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, or related scientific discipline preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong familiarity with microbiological practices, methods, techniques, and procedures
- Strong understanding and educational foundation in the biological sciences
- Ability to stand and work on the feet in a laboratory environment
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate strong client service skills, teamwork, and collaboration
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, M-F 8a.m.-5p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Richmond, VA are encouraged to apply.What We Offer
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays