Do you want to be part of the solar revolution that is transforming the energy landscape? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Does working for a young, fast paced, growing company that is leading the way into new markets sound exciting to you? Come join us as we take on new challenges and help build a better tomorrow. Our mission is clear: to reshape the energy landscape, delivering value to our clients and partners while benefiting our communities and society at large. Let's make a difference together. Join our team.
The Senior Construction Superintendent is responsible for the training, support and management of the field-based Construction Superintendents. This role requires an experienced people manager with civil, electrical, and structural experience, preferably in the solar industry. The Senior Construction Superintendent plays a supportive role in the preparation of project permitting documents, bid documents, closeout documents, and assisting the Project Manager with multiple projects simultaneously. The Senior Construction Superintendent will play a key role in construction and quality as the Company grows into new and developing markets.
- Manages a highly effective team of Construction Superintendents to oversee individual, short term, high intensity, solar project construction.
- Works closely with Electrical Services team to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Plays an integral role in the development of projects by conducting field walks, assisting in value engineering, providing knowledge and field experience to project designs and assisting in the permitting process.
- Works with Project Manager to develop risk assessments and HASPs, execute the SWPPP and any additional Best Management Practices (BMPs) as needed, and give jobsite safety briefings and tailboard talks throughout the project.
- Leads by example and enforces company and regulatory safety policies and procedures; addresses non-compliance among all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Assists the Project Managers to drive the commissioning and closeout process, including as-builts, warranties, permit documents, commissioning docs, and O&M manuals.
- Assists Projects Manager as needed to analyze project data and budget and assist in the decision-making process.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with contractors, consultants and project managers
- Shares experience and best practices to continuously improve the design, construction and operation of projects.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
Key qualifications as follows:
- Two years of construction management experience, preferably in the solar industry, with a successful track record in project management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- 4-year college degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project and various other construction management tools
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards; OSHA 10 is a minimum requirement
- Maintains professional licenses in trade (i.e. CSL, NABCEP PV, etc.)
- Procore experience is a plus
- Understanding of medium voltage systems and equipment a plus
- Eye for detail and ability to communicate clearly
- Willingness to travel
- Valid and current Driver's License
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers. This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team's diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.