Candidate will be hired at level commensurate with experience and education
Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim: Ridgefield, CT US, Biberach, Germany and Vienna, Austria. We are currently hiring a Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Computational Biologist in Ridgefield, CT. This role will conduct computational drug discovery research in the area of Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation to contribute to the discovery of First-in-Class or Breakthrough drugs. This individual will establish scientific/technology strategic priorities and leads the identification and implementation of state-of-the-art capabilities across functions within the global Discovery Research organization that have broad impact on portfolio advancement.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop and apply computational algorithms and workflow to generate therapeutic evidence and insights in the context of Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation.
* Generating new therapeutic concept and biomarker studies using multi-omics data such as cancer immunogenomics, proteogenomic, and immune repertoire data.
* Working closely with cross-functional therapeutic areas scientists to develop novel insight using in silico approaches to harness the immense power of the immune system.
Demonstrate a high level of AAI capabilities by taking the initiative without waiting for direction, working with a sense of urgency to discover breakthrough medicines that will improve patients lives, sharing ideas beyond own team, and challenging the status quo.
Senior Scientist Requirements:
* Ph.D. degree or equivalent in genomics, biological, computational, statistical, or other quantitative science.
* Two (2) or more years of relevant experience in drug discovery or biomedical research environment after completing a doctoral degree is preferred.
Principal Scientist Requirements:
* Ph.D. degree or equivalent in genomic, biological, statistical, computational, or other quantitative science.
* Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in drug discovery or biomedical research environment after completing a doctoral degree, with at least two (2) years experience in drug discovery.
Requirements for both levels:
* Experience with high-throughput genomic technologies including bulk and single cell RNA-seq, WES, Ribo-seq, or CLIP-seq data processing and downstream analysis workflow design.
* Experience in identify pathological events relevant to somatic, germline, immunogenicity, and neoantigen at DNA, RNA, epigenetic, and proteomic levels.
* Understand and apply state-of-the-art data science best practices for high-dimensional multi-scale data. Experience in developing statistical, machine learning, or deep learning analytic solutions such as image processing or AI-powered genomics is a plus.
* Proficient in shell scripting, CWL, Nextflow, Python and R. Experience in developing modern web app, database or software application or packages is a plus.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.