Acara Solutions, a national aerospace staffing organization, is helping our national aerospace client with a plant in the Cleveland, OH area find a EH&S Specialist. This is a salaried direct position with full benefits.
- This is a first shift M-F position mainly onsite with a flexible schedule. Some OT, including weekends possible at times.
- The specialist will be doing training on the floor with many employees so need someone comfortable working with others and leading trainings
- Doing lock out tag out, machine guarding, auditing, managing safety team, EHS programs
- The specialist will need to be open to changing priorities, well organized and self-motivated
- There is rarely a 'standard' day
This position reports to the site EH&S Manager. As the EH&S Specialist, you will ensure site compliance with environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements, as well serve as an advocate for our site's safety program. You will act as a role model within all areas of manufacturing.
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist will use established procedures and work under general supervision of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to implement and maintain company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. This role is involved in the design and development by the EH&S Department of the manufacturing, work areas and work procedures and implements environmental, health and safety initiatives. The incumbent shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the environmental health and safety field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks, multitasks and stays focused. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Create, maintains, and updates safety and environmental procedures/programs in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Conduct safety audits, safety committee meetings, accident investigations, ergonomic evaluations and emergency supply inspections.
- Advise manufacturing departments on accident-prevention and safety enhancements
- Coordinate safety training classes, schedules and programs.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation.
- Keep current with changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization and communicate them appropriately.
- Conducts Storm Water inspections and sample collections.
- Obtain and renew all required environmental permits.
- Maintain the site pollution prevention plan.
- Prepare and file all reports required by permits and regulatory agencies.
- Obtain waste analysis and accumulation of data required for proper designation, labeling, placarding, and transportation.
- Coordinate with hazardous waste transport company for proper removal and disposal of waste from site.
- Track hazardous waste and maintain documentation including account billings.
- Identify and investigate methods to reduce hazardous waste by alternative manufacturing, materials, processes and recycling opportunities; Implement recommended changes.
- Perform weekly site checks for proper storage, labeling, disposal of hazardous waste and materials and maintain inspection log sheets.
- Be a participant of the Emergency Response Team.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- This is an ITAR facility - U.S. Persons required
- Min 3 years of EH&S experience, but may consider someone with less EH&S experience along with a Bachelor's degree
- Min 2 years experience and working knowledge and understanding of applicable environmental health & safety rules, laws and codes including CFR's, CCR's, EPA, SCAQMD, DOT, RCRA and OSHA.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in ES&H
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED, HAZWOPER, Emergency Response, CIH, Forklift Trucks, Fall Protection, & DOT
- Manufacturing environment experience, a plus to have aerospace
- RCRA hazmat materials and ASP cert nice to have
- Hazmat/OSHA knowledge nice to have.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location