Since our founding in 2009, Rm3 Labs has been a leader in providing scientific analysis for the cannabis community of Colorado. As a fully independent, analytical laboratory located in Broomfield, we bring state-of-the-art scientific expertise and technology to help our clients produce safe, pure, and effective cannabis products. We are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and licensed and certified by the State.Job Summary:
We are looking for a full-time Microbiology Technician to prepare samples for Total Yeast and Mold (TYAM) and qPCR analysis; perform water activity analysis; and assist with other general laboratory tasks and projects.
This position requires being in the lab Tuesday through Saturday (11am - 7:30pm)
. The person that fills this position may choose to work earlier on Saturdays. The schedule for this position is unlikely to change, so the candidate must be comfortable with this schedule.
Benefits include three weeks of paid time off, paid holidays, maternity/paternity leave, subsidized healthcare and dental insurance, performance based bonus, and professional development assistance.Job Responsibilities:
- Comply with State, Local, OSHA, and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Follow laboratory SOPs to weigh and prepare analytical samples for testing using biosafety cabinets, balances, pipettes, media enrichments, etc.
- Accurately record data in an organized, legible, and consistent manner.
- Identify and document departures from the quality system and/or test procedures.
- Verify lab equipment before use to ensure they are within acceptable limits.
- Prepare lab reagents, working standards, and/or media and verify them before use.
- Perform general laboratory tasks such as inventory, sample archival and disposal, cleaning, and similar lab duties.
- Adhere to strict reporting deadlines.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Report concerns to the Lead Microbiologist.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be comfortable working Tuesday through Saturday (11am - 6:30pm, can start earlier on Saturdays).
- Must be a Colorado resident and at least 21 years old, no exceptions.
- Must pass an extensive background security check with no felony convictions and must be able to obtain a Colorado Department of Revenue - MED support license prior to or at the time of hire.
- Must have an Associate's Degree.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to interact professionally with colleagues.
- Must have good documentation and communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and is accuracy-oriented.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Has some experience working in a laboratory.
- Is comfortable performing repetitive tasks.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adapts well to change.
- Has experience handling large sample loads.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
We require employees to wear masks.
- Do you currently live in Colorado? Unfortunately, we will not consider out of state applicants.
- Are you comfortable with a Tuesday - Saturday shift (11am - 7:30pm, can start earlier on Saturdays). This schedule is unlikely to change, so we want to make sure all candidates are comfortable with this work schedule.
- List all the times you are available for a 15-20 min phone interview during the next two weeks. Please do not leave this blank.
Work Location: One location