Reporting to the Head of Environment Health & Safety, the Sr EHS Specialist develops and administers applicable environment, health, safety (EHS) policies and programs. You will support compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations. As a member of the site EHS team, you will provide technical support to team members in the Global Manufacturing & Supply network, and be a leader to promote a EHS culture and commitment to our people, partners, and planet.How you will contribute:
What you bring to Takeda:
- Support the Takeda Thousand Oaks EHS Management System and have a comprehensive working understanding of EHS including related laws and regulations
- Through collaboration with EHS team, help manage site activities, which impact areas of EHS regulatory compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide management assistance in maintaining ISO 14000 and ISO 45001 certified status and setting targets for all EHS programs having an impact
- Assess impact of new regulatory guidelines on current site practices
- Conduct/participate in corporate/division/facility and regulated EHS audits
- Review and manage documentation for EHS related procedures
- Prepare and help compose agency (e.g. EPA, Cal OSHA), corporate and operating unit reports
- Support hazardous materials reporting and maintain clear and accurate records
- Support hazardous materials spill response during and after normal business hours to return affected area(s) to normal operations
- Support the development, administration, and implementation of EHS policies and programs
- Perform or support technical reviews, investigations, and process improvement projects
- Assist site management to provide safe and healthy workplace by facilitating the prevention of work-related injuries and illnesses to improve performance
- Contribute to integration and validation of new equipment and process as it relates to safety
- Lead/participate in technical reviews, investigation, and process improvement projects to meet goals
- Provide non-routine solutions for engineering, laboratory support teams and manufacturing groups
- Work with other site functions to help resolve issues related to equipment, process and compliance including facility support departments and vendors
- Assess and facilitate department needs for procuring goods and services
- Be a contact for EHS for training needs and conduct instructor-led training
- Support industrial hygiene activities including noise monitoring
- Recognize hazards, promote continuous improvement, and promote practical alternatives for risk reduction and risk control measures.
- Lead site's risk assessments, serve as System Matter Expert and development of business continuity plan
- Have a working knowledge of Federal and CA state EHS regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of occupational health & safety programs.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical operations and equipment.
- Knowledge of Utility Systems and how they impact site operations. Understand the flow and design/interdependency of manufacturing support departments.
- Prepare and write technical reports.
- Must be proficient in mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- May be asked to sign documentation related to hazardous waste transportation and disposal such as manifests, bill-of-ladings, shipping documentation, land ban disposal forms.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Bachelor's Degree in a science or other technical field (Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Industrial hygiene) or other related Environment, Health and Safety field
- 5 years EHS experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or manufacturing industry is ideal
- MS degree in Environment, Health and Safety or Safety Engineering, Technology or 5 or more years of advanced experience may be substituted
- Some leadership experience
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to provide quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
More about us:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be required occasionally to lift, push/pull up to 30 pounds
- May be asked to climb occasionally ladders or stairwells on campus
- May be required movement hands, fingers, head and neck during computer use and applications
- May be asked to grip and grasp occasionally when handling testing equipment, materials, supplies and filing/storage cabinets
- May be asked to frequently stand for job tasks including overseeing safety or inspection activities.
- May be asked to frequently walk for job tasks including overseeing safety or inspection activities
- May be asked to attend offsite meetings/trainings
- May be asked to reach overhead for job tasks including handling materials/files/supplies
- May be asked to frequently visually inspect for job tasks including overseeing inspection or testing activities, reviewing equipment/materials
- In general, you will do a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the site campus
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and outstanding patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran following applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho ConejoWorker Type