Environmental Research Chemist Location:
Bristol, Pa Schedule:
M-F 8 am-5 pm Type:
Permanent, full benefits, and sign-on bonus Start date:
A world-leading specialty chemical manufacturing company with products that serve the environmental, forensics, food, and beverage, clinical, pharma, and cannabis industries.
They are looking for an Environmental Research Chemist with a focus on sample preparation and chromatography (GC & LC), andwho has a strong background in environmental testing (EPA methodologies), is research-driven, a self-starter, and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills. Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute method development, method validation, and method transfer studies, independently and as part of a team.
- Develop new methods to address customers and/or client's needs or specific requests using existing sample preparation and chromatography products.
- Assist in the development of new products that address customer/clients' unmet needs.
- Engage in complex conversations with clients (i.e., troubleshooting, method development, study designs, validation questions, etc.)
- Provide technical laboratory support for research projects characterizing emerging contaminants in a variety of environmental matrices (e.g., drinking water, wastewater, surface, and groundwater, biosolids, soils, sediments, and plants).
- Evaluate environmental analytical data generated utilizing UCT consumables in an efficient manner in accordance with US EPA validation guidelines and publish analytical methods to ensure data quality objectives are met.
- Stay up to date with US EPA guidelines and industry regulations to ensure UCT products can be used in future EPA methods for environmental testing that involve the use of solid-phase extraction and GC-MS or LC-MS analysis, specifically relating to water testing.
- Execute the QuEChERS approach for Food Safety testing when needed.
- Operate and maintain analytical instruments including GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, and LC-MS/MS.
- Technically support and train both domestic and international sales force as well as customer base on UCT published application notes and products with an environmental and food safety focus.
- Execute presentations, training, and educational seminars geared towards the environmental market when called upon.
- Assist the Quality Control team when needed to assess the effectiveness and cleanliness of select UCT consumables and sorbents that are commonly utilized in environmental testing.
- Ensures compliance of company/client SOP, protocols, safety policies, methods, or other procedures with government rules and regulations.
- Comfortable with public speaking, including executing or facilitating presentations as it relates to educational or training seminars.
- Masters in Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Food Safety.
- Minimum of two years of method development and/or environmental laboratory experience .
- Extensive GC-MS and/or LC-MS experience is required.
- Prior experience working with solid-phase extraction preferred.
- Familiarity with US EPA Analytical Methods and US EPA validation guidelines for the analysis of drinking water, wastewater, and solid waste
- Must be available to travel up to 20-25% of the time (as deemed appropriate while following CDC guidelines/protocols), to include applicable conferences and tradeshows, domestic/international customer visits, and distributor training.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S., we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal, and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.