Senior Marine Biologist
Eastern US or Remote
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
ICF is currently looking for a Senior Marine Biologist to join our expanding Offshore Wind Practice. Position will be based be based in any ICF East Coast office or remote.
What You Will do
* Provide oversight on the development of the marine biology portions of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) for offshore wind including for the following disciplines: benthic resources, finfish, invertebrates, essential fish habitat, commercial fisheries, marine mammals and sea turtles
* Lead preparation of Biological Assessments and Essential Fish Habitat Assessments to facilitate consultations with the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
* Lead existing project teams of fisheries scientists and oversee work of subcontractors
* Assess the effects of underwater noise from the development of offshore wind farms on marine species
* Understand BOEM's regulatory and technical requirements relating to studies, surveys and assessments relating to Offshore Wind Development
What You Must Have
* BS in Biology, Marine Biology, or related discipline
* 10+ years of relevant experience to include providing expert advice / guidance on the development of EISs and BAs
* Experience with East Coast marine species and consultations with NMFS
What We'd Like You To Have
* MS in Biology, Marine Biology, or related discipline is preferred
* PhD is highly desired
* 12+ years of relevant experience, and the ability to lead and grow a team of marine scientists/biologists and provide oversight of contracts and development of Offshore Wind EISs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Fairfax, VA (VA01)