ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROFESSIONAL II
Job Number 81762 Job Type Regular Full-Time Division Research Administration Department Environ Health & Safety Office This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals., Working with animals., Working with radioactive materials or devices. Job Category Laboratory Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor Campus Location (For Posting) : Location US-GA-Atlanta
DISCOVER YOUR CAREER AT EMORY UNIVERSITY
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
* Under general supervision, monitors, controls, inspects, contains or removes hazardous material (biological, chemical, radioactive or other).
* Provides support to ensure compliance with applicable standards, laws and regulations.
* Performs surveys and routine safety inspections in the areas of biosafety, chemical safety, radiation safety or industrial hygiene.
* May participate in project management to facilitate laboratory moves and abatement projects, including coordination with vendors, contractors and internal clients.
* Maintains storage areas, equipment, and personal protective equipment related to EHS programs.
* Participates in training for program areas.
* Responds to internal clients regarding chemical, biosafety, radiation safety and industrial hygiene concerns.
* Maintains records and prepares reports.
* Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials.
* Performs related responsibilities as required.
* Bachelors plus 3 years experience in environmental engineering,Â public health, occupational health and safety or other appropriate science-related field of study (i.e. chemistry) is required.
* Professional Board Certification desired:Â (Examples include: CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager), PE (Professional Engineer), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), Certified Health Physicist (CHP) or CSP (Certified Safety Professional), BSP (Biosafety Professional).
* Equivalent combination of experience, education and training is accepted.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
EMORY SUPPORTS A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE CULTURE
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.