ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: ?www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Manage the legislative and regulatory monitoring activities across Verisk enterprise, and manage collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to achieve coordinated, informed response. Manage interaction with legislative and regulatory bodies as well as state and national trade associations, including creating and strategizing policy proposals and written and spoken testimony.
You will be expected to maintain awareness of current events and topics at the state level and maintain relations and liaise with relevant organizations/stakeholders.
This position is not a remote position and will be based in Jersey City, New Jersey.Responsibilities
- Analysis and internal communication about legislation that affects our ISO/Verisk products. Collaborate with ISO/Verisk staff to achieve compliance with legislative and regulatory changes in support of corporate goal to maintain compliant products and services.
- Management- level and executive-level communication regarding state legislative and regulatory environment and industry issues. Work with field staff to maintain liaison with state regulatory agencies, trade associations and other industry interests.
- Manage preparation of internal material to address technical issues relating to legislation and regulation. Represent ISO/Verisk at various industry and regulatory forums.
- Prepare and maintain National Affairs resource documents (i.e. charts, compendiums, etc). Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Engage with field offices and ISO divisions to develop coordinated solutions to state issues affecting ISO/Verisk products and services.
- Contribute to the development of ISO's positions on specific P&C insurance sector industry topics at the state level.
- Provide technical support to local and state industry trade associations and other interested stakeholders.
- Manage an Internal Filing Procedures Handbook for compliance and implementation of ISO's regulatory filings of insurance program coverage forms, manuals, pricing and related products to ensure compliance with all advisory organization insurance product related regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven years experience in either P&C insurance (with technical insurance background) or Government Relations/Compliance work (with appropriate analytical skills).
- Must have good working knowledge of insurance products, regulatory environment, legislative affairs and advocacy community.
- Innovative problem solving and organizational acumen are a must.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Computer literacy skills required.
- Knowledge of ISO operations is a plus.
- Completion of at least 5 Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) exams or similar professional credentials a plus.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.