Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma Inc and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Environmental Health & Safety Manager opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.Purpose:
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager provides support in maintaining the facilities environmental, industrial, health and safety programs; monitors environmental compliance and industrial health and safety programs (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention). Maintains safety equipment inventory, performs periodic safety inspections and monitors hazardous waste removal.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review, maintain and improve management systems in line with Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory evolution.
- Propose and coordinate EHS activities at multiple sites.
- Facilitate departmental EHS coordination teams around site objectives and targets.
- Review and coordinate site compliance management with regulatory standards, insurance requirements and local EHS policies and procedures.
- Work with site HR to establish and maintain EHS awareness, training and communication according to site risk and impact assessment.
- Provide and monitor EHS training modules for staff.
- Manage the site EHS self-evaluation and audit program.
- Review risk assessment and environmental impacts and assist departments in establishing improvement plans.
- Identify, implement, maintain and document all operational control programs as per local requirements on Occupational Safety and Health, Worker Safety, Loss Prevention, Environmental Sustainability, and Emergency Preparedness and Response Programs.
- Manage site Emergency Response Plans and Procedures; keep updated and ensure appropriate exercises/drills are conducted. Participate on the site Emergency Response Team and act as an emergency response coordinator.
- Manage expense budget and capital budget for Safety cost center.
- Prevent and eliminate injury and illness to employees and assist company to comply with safety laws.
- Reports to the Associate Director, EHS and has no direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related field.
- 5 -- 10 years' experience in environmental compliance.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- CSP Certified
- Working knowledge of cGMP
- Experience in biologics
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
- 401(k) match and annual company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled