Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Environmental OV Manager - Transportation Infrastructure
With minimal supervision, responsible for the technical review, documentation, and quality control associated with reevaluation, amendments, and supplements to environmental approvals and the environmental permitting process for a major interstate interchange reconstruction project. Provide oversight review and input on the developer's environmental reevaluation(s), permitting applications, documentation, and construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental permits, standards, specifications, and commitments. Develop document control and construction oversight procedures to comply with both Georgia DOT and FHWA reporting requirements. Participate in quality audits as required to satisfy the owner verification program. Experience with supporting major transportation road & highway projects is essential for this role.
* Technical review of Design/Build Developer submittals for environmental reevaluation(s), permit reviews, and coordination with state and federal agencies.
* Review, suggest changes, update Environmental Quality Assurance Plan for compliance with Georgia DOT Owner Verification (OV) requirements.
* Participate in quality control to assure compliance with contract specifications and permit requirements, including site inspections.
* Perform contract documentation duties, which will include OV of records, permit-related deliverables and other owner required documentation.
* Requires full-time, in-person presence at the project field office near Atlanta, Georgia.
* Other duties as assigned by the construction manager.
* 4-year degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Design Arts or related field and at least 10 years of related work experience, specifically in analyzing environmental situations; 5 years of progressive transportation planning experience.
* Experience in environmental planning and preparing environmental documentation in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act. (NEPA)
* Experience with NPDES and environmental permitting requirements, storm water management, and erosion and sediment control.
* Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications related to road and bridge construction.
* Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
* Must be licensed to operate motor vehicles in accordance with Georgia law.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.