Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is now hiring a Geologist for a major environmental project.
In this role you will compile and compute a variety of data. You may analyze test data, develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures, or matrices; test specifications; or make recommendations regarding these items. Our geologists at this level are qualified professionals, proficient in utilizing most of the relevant theories and practices of the discipline. Assignments involve application of computer software (including spreadsheets, CAD, aquifer test analysis, etc.), as well as computer modeling of groundwater flow patterns. Willingness to travel and/or relocate to field sites is expected. Various projects in the Los Angeles, area
* Performs various field and office tasks requiring the application of standard geological principles and theories.
* Conducts soil, surface water, groundwater, sediment, and other environmental sampling programs.
* Oversees and provides technical guidance for stratigraphic and groundwater drilling programs.
* Assists in the geological mapping and in performing basic geologic analyses and interpretation.
* Analyzes and interprets geological data, which may include hydrogeology and/or hydrogeochemistry.
* Analyzes and interprets environmental sample analysis results within the context of the geological setting.
* Describes and classifies soils and rocks with accuracy.
* Prepares geologic maps and cross sections, which may include potentiometric surface maps and hydrographs.
* Develops materials and assists in completing reports on finished field work.
* Assists in geologic report preparation.
* May provide technical guidance to lower level Geologists.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
* Experience working with CalTrans is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Geology or related field
3+ years of related work experience
Proficiency in various computer software applications typically used geological analyses
Familiarity with related environmental rules and regulations is preferred
Requires a demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral communication skills
Thorough understanding of all environmental rules and regulations
This position requires a Fit for Duty exam as part of the job requirements. Successful completion of this exam(s) will be required post offer acceptance, prior to you being able to continue in the hiring process and onboarding.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.