Within the Microbiology department, this role is responsible for the coordination of lab staff in daily workflow organization and sample troubleshooting in addition to routine and non-routine sample analysis. Additionally, monitors lab operations such that quality and behavioral procedures are being followed, supporting management in general operational oversight.
location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $47,840 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan and adjust daily laboratory workflow to meet the needs of sample volumes, client needs, and available staff.
- Review and authorize test results, ensuring accuracy and traceability/documentation of activities performed.
- Relay operational updates to management, communicating any customer impacts to Customer Service as appropriate.
- Maintain technical proficiency and perform routine and non-routine microbiology analyses as required, including result interpretation.
- Troubleshoot operation of equipment, assisting in maintenance as required.
- Document and respond to QC failures, nonconformities & deviations and client out of
- Participate in investigating non-conformances and development of corrective actions, working to implement required corrective actions at the bench level.
- Perform and document training activities for department staff on all laboratory duties
performed including safety procedures, general bench skills, method specific proficiencies and associated data system tasks.
- Supports quality of lab operations by ensuring employees are following documented procedures and the team works to reduce non-conformances.
- Participate in review and revision of applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements within the Microbiology Department.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Microbiology, or Associates degree with equivalent work experience.
- 2 years working in a commercial lab environment with various food samples and methodologies.
- Ability to distinguish colors as required for Microbiology testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.