Senior Manager, Environmental Affairs
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Manager, Environmental Affairs on our Global Product Compliance Engineering team in Austin, Texas.
Our Regulatory Engineering team thrives on the challenge of operating in a complex global environment. We ensure product compliance to global regulatory, market and customer requirements in all our target regions. We work across segments and functions to integrate policy relating to emissions, safety and the environment into products and solutions. As we align regulatory standards with our strategic plans, we work closely with regulatory bodies, as well as with industry and customer groups.
* Manages team responsible for monitoring and influencing product environmental regulations & standards (ex: ENERGY STAR, EPEAT, restricted materials regulations, take-back/recycling regulations, etc) and ensures implementation of applicable regulations, standards and global market requirements across Dell's product portfolio.
* Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce. Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
* Provides guidance to Dell design teams, Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs), 3rd Party Labs, Suppliers and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partners in resolving issues that may arise during the review and evaluation of Dell platform solutions by the various regulatory agencies.
* Engages multiple internal and external stakeholders to advance Dell sustainability programs and initiatives.
* BS Degree in Engineering, Environmental Management or equivalent
* Have at least 3-5 years of managing product environmental regulations and standards, preferable in the ICT sector.
* Have experience working with governmental and non-governmental organizations
* Strong influencing skills with ability to build consensus and get buy-in from all levels of the organization
* Facilitation ability to work with several organizations with differing needs and develop an agreed upon business effective solution
* Partnership/Teamwork - ability to work well with a global team and be flexible to take on different roles/responsibilities as things change
* Innovative problem solving large, complex problems with creative yet practical results; translating and interpreting new requirements into actionable policies and procedures which enable Dell's business objectives.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
* A self-starter with a proven track record for success
* Ability to demonstrate blend of Program management, project management, vendor management, and strong technical skills
* May require some travel
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can deliver regulatory compliance in a complex global environment, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here [http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/corp-comm/cr-equal-employment-opportunity?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=uscorp1].