Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist III is a subject matter authority who co-leads the environmental health and safety agenda for a high complex facility together with the plant manager. In this role, you will lead the execution and continuous improvement of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management system at complex facilities consisting of highly regulated processes and activities or low-to-medium program maturity with elevated risk of serious injuries and fatalities, serious environmental events, severe process safety events or legal matters.
* Support the plant manager in leading the external reputation and facilitate the community and governmental interaction and prepare required reports, requests for information and inquiry responses and facilitate governmental inspections, customer visits and company audits.
* Identify contractor support and talent needs and oversee onsite contractor activity and understand local risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control local environmental, health and safety risks with contractors.
* Develop suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global, regional, and legal requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify competence needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site-specific demand and organize and provide appropriate training.
* Understand, implement and execute environmental, health and safety controls and programs and work processes such as risk identification and assessment, emergency action planning and incident management, agency inspections and audit and internal inspections to ensure they work as intended.
* Partner with plant manager and project leaders and the regional organization to promote and drive a strong environmental, health and safety culture in the facility team by building a mindset where a continuous improvement mentality is viewed essential to success.
* Participate as a member of the site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance, understanding systems, integrated processes, regulatory issues and workforce conditions.
* Ensure strong alignment of environment, health and safety goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant manager.
* Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum of four years of related work experience
* 3 years of experience with OSHA and EPA regulations and experience interaction with regulatory agencies
* Experience optimizing business resources and driving continuous improvement
* Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
* Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
* 2 years of supervisory experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.