Conservation Biologist & Project Coordinator On-Call
ICF is seeking a Senior On-Call Conservation Biologist to assist with projects in the Mountain-West, Midwest, and Eastern United States. The Conservation Biologist will work closely with other conservation planners and project managers to assist HCP clients with navigating through the complex regulatory process, focusing on effects analyses and environmental documentation, federal and state endangered species assessment, and other permitting requirements.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
* Conservation Biology Expertise: Knowledge of and experience with key issues confronting conservation planning and management in the Northeast region.
* Regulatory Permitting Expertise: Knowledge of and experience with state and federal permitting requirements for forestry projects, including NEPA, Endangered Species Act, and other permitting requirements.
* Quantitative and Problem-Solving Expertise: Knowledge and aptitude for quantitative analysis to analyze effects of a client's proposed actions; design and using sophisticated, robust, and creative quantitative analytical techniques.
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills: Ability to accurately and effectively express results of analyses to technical and non-technical audiences, sometimes in stressful and contentious settings.
* Project Management Skills: Ability to manage several simultaneous projects, including budget tracking and completion of all required products/reports.
* Team Leadership Skills: Setting high personal performance and quality standards and enabling the team to be successful; viewing all team members as critical and treating team members with respect and professionalism; ability to collaborate and leverage team member strengths; mentors/develops junior team members.
* Science-Business Balance: Expertise and passion for science, natural resources, and resolving complex conservation problems while balancing the need for business acumen, marketing, and opportunities for expansion.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as "On-Call" employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
What You Will do
* Supporting the development and writing of conservation plans
* Performing project coordination activities
* Conducting effects analyses and writing regulatory compliance documents for environmental permitting of forestry, infrastructure and/or restoration projects.
* Describing projects and interpretation of analyses through written and oral communication to a wide audience, sometimes in contentious environments.
* Supporting projects, including working with a team of technical staff from multiple disciplines to complete analyses and documentation on time and within budget.
What We'd Like You to Have
* Bachelor's degree in biology or equivalent science related field
* 10 years of increasingly complex assignments in regulatory aspects of conservation biology
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Fairfax, VA (VA01)