Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel, adaptive and controllable cell therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development.Job Description:
We are searching for a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our Cell Biology group within the Research department. The Cell Biology group is responsible for biological testing and characterization of all our cell therapy products in the pipeline. In this lab-based role, you will support an experienced cross-functional team spanning all phases of drug development including discovery, target validation, lead ID / optimization and related translational studies. You will employ a variety of cell-based techniques to understand the mechanism of action of drugs in the pipeline as well as to push the boundaries of new cell therapy technologies. You will use your expertise in cell biology / immunology to design and conduct laboratory experiments, develop methodology, and generate and interpret scientific data in a highly collaborative environment.
Specific backgrounds of interest are:
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cells, alternative cell-based cancer therapeutics, or the investigation of T-cell biology
- Solid Tumor Immunology (Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes, Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells, Tumor Associated Macrophages, Regulatory T-cells)
- The use of biologics in anti-cancer therapy
- Proficiency with complex immune cell assays including multiparameter flow cytometry, in vitro cell based assays (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, degranulation), live cell analysis, and multiplex assays.
- Transfect, electroporate, and virally transduce established cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Hands on processing and analysis of samples from in vivo experiments via flow cytometry.
- Utilize common software including GraphPad Prism, WORD, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and Flow Cytometry Analysis Software (FlowJo) to analyze, record and present your results
- Effective and timely communication of results
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data to enable data-driven decisions.
- You will potentially serve as a research-area (i.e. Cell Biology/Immunology) representative for a pipeline project.
- You will be expected to work independently and collaboratively, and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion for yourself and potentially direct reports.
- As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in cancer biology, you will be asked to occasionally present on relevant scientific literature, particularly as it relates to CAR-T cell biology.
- Effective and timely communication of results and relevant scientific literature
- Creative, analytical, and critical thinking focused on advancement of corporate goals
- M.S. degree and 5+ years relevant laboratory experience (job level to be adjusted based on prior experience)
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.
Applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume in order to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Molecular biology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location