Location: North Kingstown, United States of America
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
The Environmental Coordinator
at the North Kingstown, RI
location will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational environmental, health and safety programs ensuring the site compliance and alignment with OSHA and State standards and expectations. This will include assessment and implementation of programs and the continued oversight and administration of existing HSE programs. This position will interface with all departments to ensure existing processes and special projects comply with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
The Environmental Coordinator will maintain and apply knowledge of current health, environmental and safety policies, regulations and industrial processes (hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.).
Environmental Coordinator will also investigate industrial accidents and injuries to determine their causes and to determine whether the incidents were avoidable or prevent in the future. The Environmental Coordinator will lead the ISO45001 certification, implement the required system, documentation, risks assessment, actions and management review. Environmental Coordinator will also report all Corporate KPI in the standards tools.
- Performs Risk Assessments
- Must be able to evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies
- Responsible for identifying and defining the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Accountable in creating, maintaining and implementing appropriate levels of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the site
- Point person in coordinating training programs for employees
- Responsible for incident investigation, establishing root causes and recommendations of preventative actions against recurrence
- Must ensure all workplace tools and equipment meet industry standards and installed properly, as defined by OSHA
- Accountable in KPI and report preparation on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Provides HSE leadership, training and operational support to all levels of the site and across all functional groups.
- Ensures all HSE processes and procedures are implemented and standardized across Thales DIS NKI manufacturing facility.
- Tracks health and safety metrics and use the data to identify and to reduce risk.
- Works closely with Facilities on special projects involving plant construction, equipment design, and hazardous assessments.
- Assists in all aspects of incident investigation including verifying root cause and approving the implementation of preventative actions
- Ensures emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergencies.
- Maintains all Federal, State, and Local permits in current and valid condition.
- Maintains Chemical Hazardous waste program including chemical accumulation and accumulation area inspections.
- Provides hazardous material/right to know training and SDS management.
- Performs industrial hygiene activities including chemical, ozone monitoring, and any other monitoring programs as necessary.
- Prepares regulatory agency submissions including but not limited to ISO 45001, ISO 14000, OSHA Logs/reports
- Leads the ISO certifications and the renewal audits
- Maintains current working knowledge of all applicable HSE regulations.
- Maintains all necessary training and licensing to function as a signing authority on all HSE matters.
- Measure the Carbon footprint and define actions for optimization
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent to Science degree
- 3-5+ year's related experience in an HSE role with focus on safety and is able to lead the process
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials
- Ensures, in accordance with the corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in standards and Company Directives
- Successful leadership and hands-on direction of HSE issues in all business functions
- Previous experience related to the enforcement of federal and state regulations and ISO 45001/14000 certifications
- Supports leadership team in the HSE Policy and Guidelines issue
- Supports leadership team in the Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects
- Supports leadership team in the HSE Management System standard issue
- Experience in a globally and technically diverse workplace
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
- Provides support to Senior Management on any safety related subjects
- Carries out any in-house safety training
- Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with (a) criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at email@example.com.