Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive.
Since 1996, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has invested approximately $17 billion in Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin, Texas campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier employer who provides a great place to work, as well as advanced and upskilled training to thriving employees. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor strives to be the World's Best Foundry.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) team is focused on industrial hygiene, safety engineering, environmental stewardship, fire protection, and/or radiological health. As part of the EHS Department, you will be vital in assisting with and overseeing hazardous work to ensure the safety of employees and compliance with company, state and federal requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
* Seeking an Environmental Technician with strong team working skills and problem solving capabilities to ensure a high standard of operational efficiency for one of the most advanced semiconductor facilities in the United States.
* Oversee and direct Hazardous Waste work such as bulk chemical offloading, waste drum/tote shipments, chemical tank cleanouts and spill clean-up/decontaminations conducted by a team of contractors.
* Conduct field assignments such as Environmental compliance audits, regulatory inspections, on the job training, container inventory assessments, job hazard analysis, and risk assessments.
* Improve and sustain environmental operations supply management. Provide daily monitoring and optimize re-order quantities for operations.
* Review and update Standard Operating Procedures specific to hazardous waste operations at the site.
* Document and track Environmental, Health & Safety metrics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and build reports on operational performance.
* Participate in Emergency Response Preparedness scenarios and support the site Emergency Response Team in the event of an incident. Collaborate with Incident Command and support chemical emergencies with environmental waste management.
* Produce material handling changes with contract staff to improve/promote lean operations. Proactively identify, manage and mitigate operational risk points with the goal of generating a safer work place.
* Collaborate with other departments on project coordination including step plan review, pre-task plans, work grading and job walks. Oversee emergent project work requiring night shift overlap.
* Workdays & Hours: CWW, B-Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
* A.S. + 2 years of experience or 5 years of experience in Environmental/Scientific Field/Chemical Industry.
* Trained in RCRA, HAZWOPER, hazmat shipping and field operations safety.
* Industry knowledge of acceptable waste disposal methods and regional, regulated waste disposal locations.
* Competent understanding of local and regional EHS regulatory requirements.
* Experience in incident management and emergency response.
* Capability of being in the field the majority of scheduled work time.
* Proficiency in Microsoft software programs.
* Excellent communication & social skills.
* Experience developing, managing and leading projects.
* Skillful in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.