Senior Biologist & Project Manager
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
ICF is looking for a seasoned and technically accomplished biologist, botanist, ecologist, wetland scientist or similar to take the role of Senior Biologist/Project Manager within the Southern California Natural Resources Team. The Team includes wildlife biologists, botanists, aquatic resource biologists (waters, wetlands, and riparian areas), restoration ecologists, and regulatory specialists. The overarching team is subdivided into groups that specialize in a specific discipline; however, all staff work across groups, offices, and the Team to provide the most effective, comprehensive, and efficient solutions for our clients and the resources.
Position available in Irvine, San Diego, Los Angles or remotely within Southern California.
What You Will Do
* Leading biological and/or regulatory project teams and staff, including subconsultants, on project tasks, including field surveys, agency coordination, and report and deliverable preparation.
* Managing all aspects of a project including client contact, agency coordination, budget control, invoicing, schedule, personnel allocation/planning, public interest facilitation, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement.
* Writing technical reports and public environmental documents.
* Performing QA/QC review of project documents, reports, presentations, technical memorandums, and other work products with a focus on technical adequacy, regulatory compliance, and client-specific requirements.
* Participating in business development. He/she will build relationships with clients and substantially contribute to business development in natural resource planning throughout California and in other states as appropriate. He/she will support business development activities including proposal preparation, interview participation, and strategic business planning.
* Providing mentoring and training to staff in all aspects of the position, including but not limited to technical expertise, project, and client management skills, writing, business development and other consulting-specific skills.
What You Must Have
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field completing species surveys, vegetation mapping, site analysis, habitat assessments, wildlife movement assessment, and similar technical qualifications that demonstrates a strong knowledge and technical competence of biological resources in southern California.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience managing or leading staff in biological or regulatory projects.
* Minimum of 6 years of project or task order management for biological or regulatory projects.
* BS in biology, ecology, conservation biology, environmental science or related discipline.
* Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with the state and federal ESA regulatory permitting (e.g., FESA Section 10/7, CESA 2081, NCCP).
* Experience preparing CEQA/NEPA Biological Technical Reports and Sections.
* Competitive Proposal Writing
* Demonstrated Business and Client Development Capabilities
* Public Speaking/Presenting Capabilities
What We'd Like You To Have
* 10(a)(1)(A) USFWS recovery permits
* Competence with Aquatic Resource Regulations, including Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act, California Fish and Game Code Sections 1600-1602
* Waters and Wetlands Jurisdictional Determinations
* Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
San Diego, CA (CA74)