This position will develop, implement, and manage to success, various Environmental, Health and Safety programs for Sarepta Therapeutics. This role supports Sarepta Therapeutics employees regarding EHS relevant affairs at our R&D laboratories and administrative offices, with a focus on employee engagement through Compliance and Continuous improvement efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, modify, implement, and maintain health, safety, and environmental (EHS) policies and procedures to achieve compliance and improve EHS performance.
- Prior experience in Safety & Health programs supporting Biological or Gene Therapy build out & operations a plus
- Expert in managing construction safety efforts with a focus on proactive mitigation of Safety & Health hazards across multiple sites
- Manage company training needs; develop & maintain processes to ensure compliance.
- Ability to work cross functionally to ensure all customers participate and have a say in the direction of Safety & Health programs
- Experience with implementing EHS management systems and software across multiple sites a plus
- Act as an agent of positive change to build an effective EHS culture through accountability, processes, and training.
- Submit EHS regulatory permits/reports and maintaining compliance with OSHA, DEP, state and local EHS record-keeping and reporting requirements
- Evaluate the impact of new or changed regulations, standards, and policies on operations; initiate and oversee updates to EHS policies, programs and procedures in proactive manner.
- Conduct root cause investigations and analysis to improve and eliminate EHS hazards.
- Supports business as company liaison to external regulatory agencies for any environmental health and safety areas.
- Oversee operations in Andover & Burlington sites. Must have the ability to split time effectively between each site to support changing business priorities
- Occasional visit to Ohio facilities. 2-3x per year
Desired Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or other EHS science related field preferred.
- At least 8 years' experience managing an EHS Program, experience in a biopharmaceutical and/or chemical research environment strongly preferred.
- Hold or be working towards a professional Certification. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), is preferred
- Knowledge of EHS, OSHA, NFPA and other related Federal, state, and local regulations, and auditing procedures
- Proven track record in the implementation of EHS systems and programs including training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, biosafety, chemical safety, hazardous waste, risk management, workers' compensation, ergonomics, lab safety, and industrial hygiene environmental, and occupation safety & health programs.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization and with external contacts; must be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, and internet and email tools.
- Recognized by former peers, colleagues, managers and direct reports for attributes congruent with Sarepta Values: Drive, Excellence, Resilience, Teamwork, Innovation and Compassion