JOIN OUR TEAM!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.General Purpose
Conducts analysis through research, gathering and interpretation of data, development of alternatives and recommendations. Presents analysis and recommendations to management and may implement selected alternative. Analyses include, but are not limited to, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, trending/forecasting, financial analysis, budget analysis and reporting. Specifically, this position will provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with state, federal, and local regulations relating to spill response and waste disposal/transport for utility transmission, distribution, and substation operations. Job duties include conducting internal training and audits, overseeing Rocky Mountain Power's spill program, PCB management, internal and agency reporting, overseeing waste disposal and recycling for T&D Operations, contractor/vendor oversight, and other related duties.Responsibilities
- Adhere to local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct environmental training for transmission, distribution, substation, logistics, and other employees related to spill response, waste handling and disposal, recycling, hazardous waste DOT requirements, etc.
- Perform internal audits of company operations centers and substations to assess compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Review work of external service providers, including spill response and waste disposal contractors, ensuring contract requirements are completed timely, accurately, and within budget.
- Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and regulations.
- Collect data and prepare internal and agency reports.
- Implement policy and processes to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Monitor regulatory changes and update/refine internal procedures as needed.
- Analyze and make recommendations to management regarding procedures.
- Support company safety initiatives.
- Support company initiatives regarding sustainability and stewardship.
- Serve as a liaison and resource for company employees regarding environmental compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering; or the equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company's business processes.
- Data gathering, analysis, interpretation, trending, forecasting, and modeling skills.
- Knowledge of data gathering, analysis, forecasting, and modeling techniques; applicable Company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and model information.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload under pressure.
- Ability to travel as needed for internal trainings, audits, and meetings.
- Three years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
- Experience with environmental monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of air, hazardous waste, solid waste, and water regulations and compliance implementation, specifically RCRA, TSCA, SPCC, DOT/Hazmat, PCBs.
Req Id: 106345
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $71,100 - $83,600
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening