Bureau of Land Resources
Job Summary: This is professional work implementing District land management plans and assisting in pre-acquisition evaluation and management planning.
Job duties include:
* Implements land management plans and programs by performing land management activities; participates in and/or supervises the following activities: plant and wildlife surveys, vegetation control, groundcover restoration, timber harvesting, site preparation, prescribed burning, suppressing wildfires.
* Supervises Land Management Specialist and Technicians.
* Ensures proper management of natural systems by monitoring land use and its impacts, monitoring natural areas and observing ecological needs, and identifying and implementing resource management actions. Identification and implementation of techniques to control invasive plant and animal species.
* Protects District lands and facilities by developing fire management and security plans, observing and reporting activities such as vandalism, poaching and wildfires.
* Evaluating land use requests, managing approved requests, evaluating potential acquisitions, inventorying recently acquired parcels, and performing other related duties assigned.
* Maintains relations with law enforcement personnel, District lessees, permit holders, licensees and cooperators and ensures compliance with agreements and regulations.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in natural resource management or a related field and two years experience in natural resource management and planning.
Professional experience in environmental protection or research can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
Ability to obtain and maintain Florida Burn Manager certification.
SJRWMD has determined this to be a mandatory-testing position as described in Section 440.102, Florida Statutes. Any offer of employment for a mandatory-testing position will be contingent upon successfully passing a drug screening paid by SJRWMD. The SJRWMD Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for review in the Careers section at www.sjrwmd.com.
Salary Range: $45,801.60 - $61,068.80
Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, paid leave and holidays, professional development and wellness program.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the Unites States.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such service members and veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans' Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace
Location: Bayard Conservation Area, Green Cove Springs
Closing Date: December 5, 2021