Career Opportunities with Ascend Clinical
Director of Business Development (Environmental) Ascend has over 25 years of experience as a precision provider of environmental water laboratory testing services. Increasing demand from water supply systems and levels of increased regulatory scrutiny from municipal governments is expected to continue fueling growth in the water testing services over the next 5 years. Ascend's unique automated systems manage water samples with the utmost safety and security. Ascend is on a mission to make water testing ubiquitous, and synonymous with the highest water quality standards. Ascend offers the discipline of a clinical lab environment with the mentality of a tech startup. Our employees thrive on new challenges, solving problems, and improving quality of life. Job Summary We are seeking a Director, Business Development for our Environmental Water Testing organization. Your main responsibility is to develop new business relationships and drive profitable revenue growth in this discipline. You will be expected to apply your knowledge of water quality and environmental water testing to facilitate online and in-person discussions with clients and prospective clients to drive business development activity in the U.S. As a subject matter expert, you will build upon Ascend's market position as one of the highest volume clinical laboratories in the United States. Accordingly, you will be expected to remain up-to-date with scientific literature and regulatory developments, and to prepare and present materials (including but not limited to presentations, posters, webinars, science letters, application notes) on environmental water testing and best practices for both internal and external use, and to provide feedback to Ascend's operational team on any industry trends observed or otherwise gathered during the course of your day-to-day work. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with current and prospective clients on projects involving testing for microbial identification, trace elements, and LAL and Ultrapure requirements.
- Serve as technical point of contact for clients' ongoing testing and compliance needs.
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities. Identify the testing and compliance business model at these accounts and effectively communicate the value proposition of the company's products and services.
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in their designated geographic area.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
- Use insights gained from client discussions other experience gained "in the field" to provide feedback to lab operations via remote consultation, protocol and other documentation review, and periodic in-person visits.
- Participation at scientific meetings, trade shows, and conferences (predominantly U.S., but also occasionally Europe and Asia as required).
- Communication of customer problems/concerns to all relevant departments for quality resolution.
- Preparation and presentation of slide decks for internal training, external consultations, and webinars.
- Assisting in review of scientific material for publication (e.g. website entries, flyers, journal manuscripts and reviews).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education : Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in bioscience, pharmacology, water treatment or related discipline.
- Business management, marketing, or communications experience within a technical environment (e.g., biotech, pharmaceutical, or other laboratory) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Capable of working with a minimum of supervision, able to handle multiple tasks, and effectively prioritize based on departmental goals. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail required. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines. Understanding of business/sales process required.
Ascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet. If you are interested in applying to Ascend and need special assistance or accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. For more information, please visit h2o.aclab.com. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________