Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship's portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Job Description:
Montai is rapidly growing and seeking to add exceptional people to our multidisciplinary team. Montai is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated Director of Biology to lead a growing scientific team and be responsible for managing experimental biology research projects for the company. We are looking for an experienced scientific leader to work closely with Montai Senior Leadership to plan and direct new programs, from initial discovery efforts, through in vivo proof of concept, and, ultimately towards the clinic.
A successful candidate will focus on proposing, validating, and uncovering novel biological insights and molecular leads aided by the Montai Health computational discovery platform. The candidate will have broad areas of biological expertise and interests as Montai Health is focusing on a number of broad scientific areas including nutrition, metabolism, immunology, infectious disease, and oncology. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee Platform Demonstrations across a number of disease indications.
- Overseeing preclinical programs from in vitro discovery to in vivo proof-of-concepts;
- Oversee ex vivo and in vivo research to investigate molecular interactions and translate insights into lead candidates;
- Manage external research projects with vendors and CROs;
- Collaborating closely with multi-disciplinary team members across the entire organization;
- Hands-on supervision, leadership, and mentoring of research associates and junior scientists;
- Establishing strong scientific excellence and fostering an open culture of challenging assumptions, open scientific exchange, and deep scientific rigor;
- Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline, with 5+ years of industry research preferred;
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or nutritional industries
- Deep expertise and demonstrated leadership in molecular and cellular biology research with experience in selecting and developing new biology disease programs in key areas of interest including metabolism, immunology, oncology, and others;
- Experience with developing and/or implementing mammalian in vitro and in vivo disease models;
- Experience managing critical path activities and strategy for indications in key areas of interest
- Experience delivering pre-clinical data packages and IND-enabling studies;
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment, highly motivated, strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies:
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, "FSP") do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)? *
If you'll require the company to commence ("sponsor") an immigration or work permit case in order to employ you, either now or at some point in the future, then you should select Yes. Otherwise, select No.
Do you currently reside within the continental United States? *
How active are you in your job search? *
Are you able to work in the specified job location, or are you willing to relocate for this position? *
What about this role inspired you to apply? *
When are you able to start a new position? *