Weyerhaeuser is searching for a Nursery Production Specialist to join our team in Aiken, South Carolina. The Nursery Production Specialist is a part of Southern Regeneration segment within Southern Timberlands and reports to the Nursery Supervisor.
As a Nursery Production Specialist, you will be a member of a core team accountable for the pine seedling production within the Southern Regeneration business at the Weyerhaeuser Nursery in Aiken, SC. Team members rotate between activity leadership and team production accountabilities.Key Functions:
- Lead key safety and/or environmental stewardship activities for the operating geography (e.g., hearing conservation, hazard communication, etc.).
- Demonstrate activity leadership in bare-root seedling nursery to achieve plan goals, which include tactical planning, resource allocation and coordination (people, equipment, etc.), process and cost measurement, analysis, and improvement to deliver customer and shareholder satisfaction
- Direct and monitor work of contractors
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Forestry, Agriculture Engineering, Soil Science, Agronomy ORequivalent combination of work experience and education
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to operate a forklift, tractor and other heavy equipment in extended periods of time
- Demonstrated leadership experience, direct and indirect, within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Able to work harmoniously in a diverse team environment sometimes under taxing conditions
- Willing and able to engage in strenuous work for extended periods of time often in difficult weather conditions including safely lifting up to 55 pounds repeatedly
- Flexibility to work extended workdays, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Adaptability, and able to rapidly adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent customer focus with a strong desire to deliver the best possible product safely and effectively on time to a diverse customer base
- High level of flexibility to manage and work with rapidly changing weather, crop and customer demands which may necessitate unexpected work schedule adjustments
- Valid driver's license
- Experience operating forklifts and agricultural machinery including tractors
- Strong mechanical aptitude with machines and tools, and maintenance experience, particularly troubleshooting and repairing agricultural and light industrial equipment
- Proficient in the use of common welding equipment such as MIG and Arc
- Verbal fluency in Spanish
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.About Weyerhaeuser
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Operations, Manufacturing, & ConstructionPrimary Location
Individual ContributorJob Type
Day (1st)Relocation Assistance