Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Imagine a co-op where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. We believe that co-ops are an integral part of the team, and they are treated as such from day one! Our co-ops seek real challenges, cultivate their curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments, and have their initiative acknowledged along the way. Co-ops collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, cultures, and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think, and produce.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) CO-OP POSITION
As an EHS co-op, you will gain exposure to the development and implementation elements of our overall safety and/or environmental management systems that satisfy both internal and external requirements. We will expose you to the evaluation of trends, root cause analysis, the development/implementation of basic safety/ergonomics/EHS/environmental programs, departmental safety meetings, compliance activities, and corporate responsibility activities. Interaction with all levels of employees from production workers to top location and business leadership will be a standard part of your experience.
The role involves physical activity in agricultural, food, and feed processing environments, which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis-involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, and/or occasional lifting of objects weighing 10-50 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions, or exposures (e.g. heat, cold, dust).
CO-OP PROGRAM BENEFITS
* Relocation assistance and housing allowance, for those that are eligible
* Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the co-op
* Co-ops are paid an hourly wage and the position typically spans 7-8 months
* Co-ops are provided with extensive programming experiences intended to expose them to the different businesses and facets of the company, as well as to help them grow and develop in their career development
* Those who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position or a returning role as an intern or co-op for the following year
BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUPS (BRGS)
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity! BRGs help us to embrace our diversity, make our environments more inclusive, and demonstrate our employee's outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees!
GROUPS AVAILABLE FOR ALL TO JOIN
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, Cargill Women's Network
POTENTIAL BUSINESS AREAS
Various, such as Protein and Salt (CSP) or Starches, Sweeteners, and Texturizers (CSST).
Most positions are in our plants, at different locations in the United States, which often requires temporary relocation
* Pursuing Bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited program in engineering, ergonomics/human factors, occupational safety, environmental sciences, fire safety, safety, or related degree graduating between December 2022 and June 2024
* Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
* All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for the position
* Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekends should the occasional need arise
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Relate technical knowledge to job-related duties
* Make decisions and seek solutions to problems independently
* Past leadership skills and/or experiences
* Interest, or past experience, in collaborating with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
* A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited mentorship
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.