Performs basic research duties under the supervision/direction of a Physician (Principal Investigator).
HOUSTON METHODIST STANDARD
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
* Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
* Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator's laboratory. (EF)
* Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
o Postdoctoral Fellow 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) from an accredited medical school or Doctoral Degree (PhD) in medical field (A letter from the academic institution certifying that all student work is complete will be considered for Postdoctoral Fellow 0 only.)
o Postdoctoral Fellow 0- None
o Postdoctoral Fellow 1- One year of Postdoc experience
o Postdoctoral Fellow 2 - Two years' Postdoc experience
o Postdoctoral Fellow 3 - Three years' Postdoc experience
o Postdoctoral Fellow 4 - Four years' Postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KSA/ SUPPLEMENTAL DATA
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Experience in biomedical research required.
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies, and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 284 principal investigators and has more than 570 ongoing clinical trials.