Research Associate, Biology
ActivX Biosciences is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Research Associate to help us discover new drugs. The successful candidate will work with senior scientists to design and execute experiments to validate drug targets and to characterize compounds that modulate those targets. The biology team is part of a highly interactive, multidisciplinary drug discovery team. Together with scientists from our parent company, Kyorin Pharmaceuticals of Japan, we will make new medicines for patients worldwide.
Established in 2000, ActivX is in the Torrey Pines Science Park on the beautiful Torrey Pines Mesa in La Jolla, California. Research at ActivX is focused on drug discovery in the therapeutic areas of metabolic, allergic, and inflammatory diseases. Our high-content, proprietary KiNativ™ technology allows the identification and development of highly selective drugs, significantly lowering development risks.
The successful candidate will have strong experimental skills, a quantitative and inquisitive mindset, and a collaborative attitude.Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture, protein analysis (ELISA, SDS-PAGE), and general molecular biology
- Biochemical and cell-based assay development
- Compound formulation, dilutions, and dose calculations
- Analyze and interpret results from small molecule analysis
- Familiar with scientific literature search tools
- Detailed data collection, organization, and experiment documentation (MS Office, electronic laboratory notebook)
- Effectively communicates results with other scientists and presents results during project team meetings
- Works well in both a team environment and independently
- BS/MS in Biology, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Ideally a minimum of two years of drug-discovery experience in industry or academia
- Understanding of enzymology, biochemistry, cell biology, and drug discovery
- Motivated to learn new techniques and approaches
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate effectively, and to build collaborative relationships
- Highly organized, with excellent written and oral communication skills
Candidates from the Southern California area are preferred.Physical Requirements
The incumbent may be required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. The incumbent may be required to climb, bend, lift, carry, and kneel. The incumbent will also spend time looking at computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate laboratory and office equipment.About ActivX Biosciences, Inc.
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter explaining how given the requirements above they feel they are a good fit for our position. We look forward to reviewing your submitted materials.
ActivX Biosciences is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. ActivX complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We have implemented substantive guidelines for the health and safety of our workers and vendors onsite. Our staff is 100% vaccinated and no remote work for this position.
- hands on lab bench: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location