Requisition ID 2021-94854 Work Location US-TN-Nashville Department / Discipline Scientists Position Type Staff / Permanent
OVERVIEW / RESPONSIBILITIES
Wood is recruiting for a Natural Resources Technical Professional (experience) to report to our Nashville, Tennessee office. Work will be performed to support and maintain project/client compliance with environmental regulations such as Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, the Endangered Species Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The ideal candidate will have recently graduated from an accredited college/university or with a maximum of 3 years of consulting experience emphasizing CWA compliance and natural resources field delineations and completion of environmental permit applications. This position will appeal to individuals with a solid background and interest in field and technical-related studies for natural resources, permitting, and/or NEPA compliance, technical writing, good work ethic, and genuine interest in career growth and working with a diverse team of professionals including wetland scientists, botanists, fisheries and wildlife biologists, NEPA specialists, environmental permitting specialists and other consulting/engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will assist with the necessary field delineations and environmental strategies/permitting in a variety of projects in the power, transportation / infrastructure, and water resources sectors.
Wood invites qualified applicants with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in the field of biology, ecology, botany, wetland science, or an equivalent discipline with 0-3 years direct work experience to apply for the position.
* Field data collection to support various projects including fisheries and wildlife surveys, identification of wetlands and waters of the U.S., and protected species habitat.
* Data organization and analysis for data collected in the field and/or through desktop research/reviews.
* Preparation of wetland delineation reports, permit applications, mitigation plans, impact assessments, and pertinent sections of NEPA documents (EA/EIS).
* Prepare environmental permit applications and associated documentation and reports.
* Agency coordination/consultation.
* Work effectively with team members as well as independently.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* The successful candidate will have a minimum of a BS degree in the field of biology, botany, wetland science, or an equivalent discipline, MS degree preferred.
* Recent college graduate to maximum of 3 years of applicable experience performing environmental permitting, wetland delineations and/or natural resources surveys.
* Willingness to learn and obtain experience with development of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and erosion prevention and sediment control inspections would be beneficial.
* Good taxonomic knowledge of Eastern U.S. native flora, especially wetland flora is desired, but not required for this position.
* Applicant will have strong oral and interpersonal communication skills and excellent writing skills.
* Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and complete required tasks (field and office) on time and within allowable budget.
* Ability to obtain Certification as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) preferred, but not required immediately upon hiring the successful candidate.
* Availability to travel for fieldwork, including overnight stays is required. Fieldwork typically occurs on weekdays, but in some instances could require working or at least travelling to and from project locations on weekends.
* Ability to work extended hours, walk long distances (sometimes in rough terrain), and ability to assist team members with loading and unloading sample equipment and other items may be required at times.
* Familiarity with GIS is desired.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com [http://www.woodplc.com]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.