The individual will contribute to preclinical drug discovery programs from target selection through candidate identification and characterization. He/she will leverage their experience in oncology cell biology to develop assays to support drug discovery programs and execute mechanism-of-action studies.
* Independently conduct, optimize, and proactively troubleshoot cellular screening assays.
* Process, interpret, and present experimental data to cross-functional team members.
* Employ cell and molecular biology techniques, including gene targeting approaches and small molecule inhibition, to dissect mechanism of action for compounds of interest.
* Design and execute experiments to evaluate target dependency, off-target liabilities, phenotypic responses, resistance mechanisms and beneficial drug combinations.
* Regularly present research to integrated project teams, recognizing and highlighting implications for broader discovery efforts.
* Education - BS in a relevant discipline with 6+ years, MS with 4+ years of experience, or PhD with 0-2 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical industry setting.
* Experience in experimental design and hands-on implementation of standard molecular and cellular biology techniques such as transfection for transient or stable transgene expression, Western blotting, PCR, and flow cytometry.
* Extensive hands-on experience developing and executing cell-based compound screening assays in a variety of formats (ELISA, MSD, Licor In-cell western, proliferation, TR-FRET, etc.).
* Experience with standard analytical software (e.g., ExcelFit, Prism, Spotfire, Vector NTI, Flowjo).
* Excellent documentation, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Self-motivated, with demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to listen effectively and stimulate response and discussion in a team setting.
* Familiarity with PK/PD/efficacy relationships and ability to deliver robust PD readouts for in vivo tumor models.
* Experience in discovery and validation of oncology drug targets.
* Ability to interpret complex data sets such as those resulting from NGS and proteomics studies.
* Standing, sitting, bending, lifting, walking, and repetitive pipetting in a laboratory setting.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (e.g., converting concentration from mass/volume to molarity, determining dilution factors, calculating assay statistics).
* Ability to read, understand, and perform written protocols.
* Ability to perform moderately complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work outside of normal business hours as necessary to complete essential tasks.
* Adherence to safe laboratory practices and procedures.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $75,700.00 to $126,100.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 10.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development