Senior Environmental Scientist
ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist to work within our Survey, Policy, Health, Environment, Regulation, and Economics (SPHERE) team. This position will primarily support our EPA contract with the Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) on technical projects designed to leverage hands-on knowledge and experience with site characterization and remediation technologies to promote improvements to the cleanup of contaminated sites. This position will also include managing technical projects and project teams, including subcontractors, and interacting with clients.
What you'll do:
* Provide site-specific technical assistance to EPA to solve a wide range of technical issues related to site characterization, remediation and long-term management of contaminated sites, including reuse and redevelopment.
* Identify, evaluate, and document ways to improve contaminated site cleanup including technologies, approaches, strategies, and best practices.
* Support improvements to EPA's management of environmental data from contaminated site cleanups including developing effective data management approaches and plans.
* Manage a range of technical projects and multi-disciplinary project teams, including ICF staff, subcontractors and consultants.
* Work directly with clients on a day-to-day basis.
What you'll need:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in geology, hydrogeology or related technical field.
* 6-8 years of experience conducting site characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, including experience in geostatistics and advanced sampling methodologies.
* Demonstrated expertise with common environmental databases including SCRIBE and EqUIS™ with GIS experience a plus.
* Experience preparing technical plans and reports for clients and external stakeholders.
* Knowledge of EPA cleanup programs (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields).
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred.
* Team player with demonstrated project management skills including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage a heavy workload, and meet internal and external deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with clients.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Fairfax, VA (VA01)