WHY PATIENTS NEED YOU
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
Pfizer's Oncology Research & Development (ORD) unit in La Jolla, California, is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist at the BS/MS level who will contribute to the discovery of novel targets that impact tumor fitness and evolution. You will work primarily in a lab-based setting and employ cell-based assays, molecular biology, and data analysis to tackle the adaptability of cancer cells and help develop breakthrough therapies for patients.
Our ideal candidate is a proactive scientist who will work within a collaborative team environment to advance projects forward. Your job responsibilities include performing and documenting lab-based research, employing critical thinking to design and interpret experiments and communicating research findings to manager and relevant colleagues. As you work on projects, you will gain exposure to the broad Pfizer organization and learn from collaborations with cross-functional teams. This position will also enable candidate to obtain training in techniques including high-content imaging, statistical methods and data analysis, increase their technical and knowledge base and be part of a culture that embraces scientific excellence and personal development.
HOW YOU WILL ACHIEVE IT
* You will work independently and as a part of project teams to conduct experiments for evaluating new targets and pathways, understanding mechanism of action and develop biomarker assays
* Employ genetic and pharmacologic approaches to modulate drug targets in cells by the use of CRISPR, siRNA/shRNA and small molecules
* Perform functional assays such as proliferation readouts, biomarker analysis using qPCR, western blots, high-content imaging and flow cytometry
* Conduct genome-wide studies including CRISPR screens and transcriptomics
* Collaborate with colleagues within and across departments to help advance projects
* Analyze and document data from experiments, and communicate research findings and methodologies with immediate supervisor and colleagues
* Attain personal growth and development to help you develop in your career
* B.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology (or a comparable biological science) with minimum of 3+ years relevant post-degree experience or MS with 0+ years of experience
* Experience with cell biological methods and protein-based assays (cell culture, proliferation assays, western blotting, or flow cytometry, etc)
* Experience in functional genomics and cell line generation (such as CRISPR, siRNA/shRNA, lentiviral transduction, transfection, or electroporation, etc)
* Proficiency with data analysis platforms (such as Microsoft Excel or GraphPad Prism, etc)
* Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and proactively engage with colleagues
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage projects in parallel
* Diligence in recording experimental work and analysis in electronic notebook systems
* Experience in running high throughput assays and relevant platforms
* Experience in immunofluorescence/IHC studies, microscopy and/or high content imaging
* Must be able to wear standard PPE (lab coat/safety shoes/glasses/etc.) and perform lifting of items (less than 10 lbs)
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development