Description:This is a Full-Time Seasonal position with the potential to go Full Time with Benefits Year Round! Located in Kingsburg.
Under the general supervision of the Microbiology Manager, the Laboratory Technician 1 will be providing support to the Microbiology Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and maintains bacteriological media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required (i.e.: BPW, LST, TSB, etc.). Ensures that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
- Demonstrates proper techniques (pipetting, labeling samples, etc.), and successful performance in proficiency testing. Writes identification onto plates so that client and sample numbers can be tracked. Pipette sample solutions into tubes/plates according to the analysis process that is being performed.
- Prepares and sets up samples for analysis.
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas to maintain a superior level of cleanliness; includes sterilizing materials needed for analysis, autoclave plates before discarding, participating in cleaning schedule, etc.
- Ability to read quantitative data and enter it into the LIMS system.
- Maintains laboratory condition (i.e.: equipment, supplies, quality assurance, and accurate records throughout all procedures).
- Performs all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- Communicates with all laboratory personnel to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and appropriate confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality procedures related to sample documentation.
- Maintain a professional attitude and acceptable working relationship with coworkers, offering assistance when applicable.
- Assists with washing and maintaining labware.
- Provides routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and disposing of trash.
- Assist in other assigned duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Salary Range: $16.00-$17.50 DOE
- A.S or B.S. in Biology and/or Chemistry preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate skills of aseptic technique.
- High attention to detail is a must.