Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon's discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The parallel development of custom software solutions commensurate with the groundbreaking nature of this discovery platform, to enable the collection, analysis, and understanding of the large, high-content datasets that these microscopes produce, is key to Eikon's mission of discovering new life-saving drugs.?Position
As a Scientist joining at Eikon, you will be an essential part of an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company's core platform technologies and drug discovery processes. You'll play a key role in advancing research pipeline, developing strategies, and executing cell biology studies for multiple drug discovery programs. You'll be collaborating and working closely with a team of biologists, chemists, and engineering experts.About You
What You'll Do
- You're a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench
- You're passionate about drug discovery and discovering effective treatments for patients
- You're conscientious, detail oriented, and organized
- You're collaborative by nature and are happy to help
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring research associates
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible
- Think scientifically, plan and execute cell biology studies to support drug discovery programs. Mentor research associates to conduct laboratory experiments
- Interpret and present scientific findings to research meetings. Provide scientific input and propose follow-up studies
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Develop and optimize cell-based assays to elucidate compounds effects on diverse cell signaling pathways and regulation processes
- Conduct genetic and/or pharmacological cell-based studies for validation and MoA
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse research team to successfully progress scientific goals
- PhD degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years of hands-on experience in cell-based assay development and cellular mechanistic studies
- Proficiency in standard cell biology techniques, e.g., mammalian cell culture, qPCR, WB, fixed or live-cell imaging, flow cytometry, RNAi KD or CRISPR KO, etc.
- Experience with setting up and running medium-to-high cell-based assays using lab automation is desirable
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and build open collaborative relationships is essential
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.